Modeling and Simulation Center (MODSIMMER), founded under the cooperation of Middle East Technical University (METU), Turkish Armed Forces (TAF) and Undersecretariat for Defense Industries in 1998, brings experts and academics from various disciplines together with the aim of developing products and technologies in the Modeling and Simulation area of critical importance. In this scope, representatives from public and private foundations working in this area are provided with informative seminars and chance to use hardware and software laboratories that are hard to obtain in financial terms. Furthermore, MODSIMMER is the lead organizer of the first national conference in the area: National Defense Applications Modeling and Simulation Conference.
MODSIMMER, with the objective of becoming the “Modeling and Simulation Center of Excellence”:
- Works on defining, developing and certifying standards in modeling and simulation
- Coordinates the use of national and international resources in a planned, effective and efficient way.
- Defines and applies methodologies for verification, validation and accreditation of projects
- Organizing informative events open to public and demonstrating high technology prototypes
- Supporting the construction and development of simulation systems or similar technical infrastructure that helps building prototypes of military products.
- Organizes trainings and conferences in military modeling and simulation applications